Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Hsinchu (Taiwan)
Post Date : 2021/09/13
As a Packaging Technical Manager in ATLX, you will be responsible for the design of packaging solutions for an optical sensor product line. This position requires self-starters who can manage complex packaging designs from concept through release to production. You will work with a highly motivated team of engineering professionals and have personal responsibly to drive your designs through the process. This position requires working knowledge of all aspects of packaging and electromechanical design.
Roles & Responsibilities：
- Manage development and test of custom packaging from concept to end of life.
Create/review documentation in detail for packaging drawings, artwork, and bills of material.
- Strong design trouble shooting skills required for sustaining engineering/root cause analysis. Includes all sustaining activities for production, drawing up-dates as required.
- Work closely with purchasing, packaging suppliers and product manufacturers to ensure packaging designs are aligned with manufacturing processes and optimized for cost.
- Interact in a team environment with hardware engineering and manufacturing.
Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including design, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Support continuous improvement activities including redesigning, testing and implementing packaging for existing products for improved design and cost.
- Contribute to the development of operating procedures, standardized practices, material specifications and validation test methods.
- Responsibilities include writing of specifications, production sustaining, and participating in overall module specifications.
Requirements & Qualifications：
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics Engineering, equivalent, or better.
- Recent working experience as a RD staff in packaging/assembly house is strong plus
- Recent working experience in optical sensor packaging development is a strong plus
- Great knowledges and experiences of optical packaging (technologies, assembly processes, materials), as illustrated in the following
- Very compact lens module design and packaging lid/cap design,
- Insertion molding and/or 2-shot molding of compact components,
- Glue design, selection, and glue bleeding control,
- Optical materials modeling, selection, and testing
- Optical packaging (reliability) standards and FA techniquesProficient in the use of CAD applications.
- Proficient in the use of CAD applications.