Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Hsinchu (Taiwan)
Post Date : 2021/09/13
Artilux is looking for an experienced engineer to work in a small product development team, and focus primarily on thermal, mechanical, and optical design and simulation of new photonics-based products and their components.
Roles & Responsibilities：
- The Engineer will work in a small product development team, and focus primarily on thermal, mechanical, and optical design and simulation of new photonics-based products and their components.
- He will carry out the activities of design, simulation, prototyping, testing, process development, transfer to manufacturing in a single context/vision of the final product and its performance.
- The new hire is expected to be a team player capable of learning and supporting, if called upon, the roles of his/her colleagues in a fast-paced, flexible small-team environment.
- The Engineer will write design/studies reports, and present them to a broader team audience in both Chinese and English, answering questions and arguing cases for or against particular approach or design.
- The Engineer is also expected to work with external vendors to procure custom mechanical and optical components.
- This will require being able to create and analyze mechanical drawings, electrical diagrams, and spec/data sheets.
Requirements & Qualifications：
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Applied Physics, or Physics (Ph.D. preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in Photonics R&D, or Product Development, or Product Design (7+ years preferred)
- Good mathematical understanding of optics, electricity and circuits, heat flow, and thermo-elastic properties of solids– as well as the ability to evaluate these properties with coding
- Experience of using commercial optics simulation tools
- Hands-on experience in electro-optic testing of photonics components, devices, modules, and systems.
- Programming skills (Python minimum, C++ preferred)
- Fluent English verbal & written communication
- Familiar with wave-optics theory, practices, and simulation (both scripts and commercial tools)
- Great knowledge and solid experience on emitter beam shaping and diffractive elements design